Menswear inspired pieces are something that gets me in action mode. Not that, I have an adrenaline rush sort of a conundrum.But, once in a while I imagine if my life could be a movie and I could a Bond girl. Then, suddenly I wake up and put on my masculine suit and strut on the streets with a little song in my head and in my earphone. LOL! I know, a lot of you have been there. But, seriously I love masculine pieces. It adds just an oomph enough to take it to the next level. My recent masculine iteration was houndstooth on houndstooth with a bucket bag twist. Generally, one prefers a tote, but I wanted to improvise. To preserve my inner quirky-ness, I paired the whole look with a more than simple burgundy tee. My suggestion for menswear inspired outfits:
- Double up on plaid/check/houndstooth/dotted to get the menswear look
- Add an unexpected accessory to add a spunk to your outfit
- Keep your accessories very minimal, but clean.
- For a french vibe, opt for a baker boy hat and a low bun.
- If you love jewelry, swap the blazer and tee for a feminine blouse and some pearls.